Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homesick

Homesick today. Interesting though, I haven't lived in the state where I grew up for over ten years. I find that I'm feeling homesick, but not for any one place in particular. I feel a longing for snow capped mountains, for bustling cities and soothing beaches. My heart wanders to the west coast, east coast, midwest, deep south and across the sea to Europe. It searches for the hearts I've felt connected to over the many years and longs, somehow, to be with them again. My version of heaven is a way for all the lives I've known and loved to miraculously be connected again, reunited in a way that I can feel the love and friendship of kinship once again. Home is where the heart is - and mine is all over the map.

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I completely understand what you are saying. When I get homesick, it is for all the places where I have left little pieces of my heart over the years :).

Amanda said...

So True! And such a cute way of putting it. I tend to get homesick this time of year every year.