Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Wonder

I Wonder

I wonder, as she held him closely,
Wrapped in warm and swaddling bands,
Did she wonder what her Father
Asked from tiny, trembling hands.

I wonder, as they brought him presents,
Gifts so treasured and so rare,
Did she wonder at the offering
Held within her tender care?

I wonder, as she saw him walking,
Learning, stumbling, awkward steps,
Did she wonder where they'd take him,
Feet just finding balance yet?

I wonder, as she saw him carving,
Working there by Joseph's side,
Did she wonder how he'd use his hands
To serve, to bless mankind?

I wonder, when she saw him teaching
Elders, priests in holy place,
Did she wonder what he'd teach her
As he grew from grace to grace?

I wonder if she hugged him tighter,
Stroked his head and held his hand,
Sensed the weight of future offering,
Sacred, sacrificial Lamb.

Anna M. Molgard
©2008 Faithsong Publications, L.L.C
www.faithsongmusic.com

This piece may be copied for noncommercial use.
Please include copyright notice & blog address.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Precious. You know, I was just thinking about this very subject. The heart of a mother for her son.

That card tower is impressive. I can never get passed the first three cards. And on a hard floor even.

Rae said...

Beautiful! Great to have another place to post your words!!

Thanks again for sharing!!