Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Milestones

My odometer hit the 100,000 mile mark today. I knew it was coming. That line of nines for the past several trips had told me it was coming. I dropped my son off at preschool and noticed it was only seven miles til the turnover. But when I left for my next errand, made a quick phone call and went on auto pilot running errands, it happened. And I missed it. By the time I looked down it was two miles over.

I wonder how many milestones I miss in life because I'm busy running errands or simply on auto pilot. Sometimes I know they're coming and then when I'm in the moment, my mind is racing to consider the next task and I miss the present.

Still trying to learn to slow down, to better anticipate the precious moments that come and pass so quickly in life. Trying to capture the times that are - let go of what is past and stop anticipating what is to come.

Learning to mark the milestones...

No comments: