Friday, May 11, 2012

What Moms Really Want


It's that time of year again, when everyone is scrambling to find the perfect card, flowers, and gift for Mom.  I always appreciate the sentiment and know that if my family didn't offer the obligatory tokens and handmade items from school, I would be disappointed that somehow I was forgotten.  But it really is much simpler than all of that.  Here is what I really want for Mother's Day -


An offer for a foot rub after a busy on my feet.

The smudgy fingerprints on the back door wiped clean.

To get home from a busy Tuesday afternoon to find someone noticed that it's getting late and has started dinner.


A bouquet of flowers, on a rainy Wednesday, for no reason at all.

A simple gift, seen at a store, that someone simply had to buy because it reminded them of me.  

A card in the mail, on a Thursday, with the sentence, "I love you because..."


The sneakers on the stairs to be noticed, picked up and put away where they belong.

Someone to open the fridge, fully stocked, and thank me for going to the store every week to buy nutritious food to eat so they don't go hungry.

Someone to say, sincerely, "Wow, you did my laundry again?!  Thanks - these socks look awesome."


I think most Moms do what we do, day and in and day out, simply because we love our families.  We gave life to these incredible human beings that we feel honored to raise and watch grow into adulthood.  We simply want our work to be noticed.  We want our sacrifices to be honored by those we willingly sacrifice so much for.  We want to be held in treasured remembrance for the simple things we do each day to show our love.

That's what we really want for Mother's Day.


4 comments:

The Zen Chemist said...

I love it.

John Bradfield said...

Anna,

Beautiful blog. Why is it that we so often overlook the hardest working member of the family?

Hope you had an awesome mother's day. We did. It was far better than last mother's day. (No ambulance transfers to PCMC this time.)

شركة المثالي سوبر said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
نس said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.